Established clients of Farrell Documentation request support using the following process. All requests for support must follow this process. For tracking purposes, we do not use email or the contact form for established client support requests.
Only established clients of Farrell Documentation have access to submit and view support tickets. If you are an established client, and you do not have the appropriate log in credentials, follow the steps below under “How to request support.” Site guests can make inquires by submitting a Contact form, by leaving a comment (on most pages), or by using the Live Chat Online or Leave a Message feature.
How to request support
Use the following general procedure to request support.
- If you do not have a username on the Farrell Documentation website, please use the Contact form to request an account. If you do have a username, proceed to step 2.
After you request an account, you receive an email with your username and password. You can change your password in your profile. Proceed to step 2.
- Go to the Submit a support ticket page, and log in (if you haven’t already logged in).
If you have forgotten your password, try your best guess, then click the Lost your password link to have an email sent to you with your log in credentials.
- On the Submit a support ticket page, complete all the fields on the form, then click the Submit ticket button.
How to add files to your ticket
You can add files to your ticket after you initially submit the ticket.
- After you submit your ticket, click the You can access it here link at the bottom of the page.
- Add files by clicking the Choose File button in the Upload Files section at the bottom of the form. Wait until the file name appears under the Choose File button and in the Comment text box.
- Repeat step 2 to add additional files after the file you just added appears under the Choose File button.
- Click the Submit Update button just above the Upload Files section.
You must click the Submit Update button after you upload your files to complete the process.
How to update your ticket
You receive an email notification each time your ticket is updated. The bottom of the email contains a link for you to add additional information (or view other updates) to your ticket. Click this link to update your ticket.
You cannot update your ticket by replying to the email; you must click the link in the email to update the ticket.
Alternatively, you can navigate directly to the View support tickets page to view or update any of your tickets.
If you have questions about the support process or need help with your account, please contact us.
How to view closed tickets
By default, the View support tickets page only displays open tickets. (The first Ticket status drop-down menu default is set to != (meaning not equal to) and the second Ticket status drop-down menu default is set to Closed.)
You can change the view to display any type of ticket, including closed tickets, by changing the options of either of the two Ticket status drop-down menus.
To view all of your tickets, change the second Ticket status drop-down menu to Any, and click the Filter button. To view only your closed tickets, change the first Ticket status drop-down menu to ==, (and leave the second one set to Closed), and click the Filter button.